- Best Credit cards of 2018 by IndiaLends
By IndiaLends Advisory
Jun 20, 2018
Best Credit cards of 2018 by IndiaLends
There are innumerable credit cards in the market today. It seems insurmountable to choose the best credit card out of them. When you need to choose a credit card for yourself, you want the best. Now, before you get a card for yourself, you need to understand your requirements and most importantly, your spending habits. Analyse where you spend the most money and target exactly that area. We have curated this categorical list to help you choose the best credit card based on your needs. The best credit cards of 2018 are-
The Best Cashback Credit Cards
We can not escape shopping and spending money on basic items in life. In our day to day life, from fuel to grocery, we make a lot of purchases. While we can not regulate the prices much, we can avail cashback to give some rest to our expenses. We have picked the top cash back cards to help you-
ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card
- Minimum 15% savings at over 800 partner restaurants
- 2 Payback points on every ₹100 spent on retail purchases
- One Payback point on every ₹ 100 spent on utilities and insurance.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver
Citi CashBack Credit Card
- 5% cash back on movie ticket purchases
- 0.5% Cash Back on all other spends.
- 5% cash back on all your telephone bill payments
- Up to 15% off on dining across 2000 partner restaurants.
- 5% cash back on Utility Bill Payments
American Express Gold Credit Card
- Highest point to money conversion rate in the market
- 20,000+ Bonus reward points a year
- Redeem your Points from the Gold Collection
- Benefits on your travel bookings with MakeMyTrip
- 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs. 50 spent
Kotak Delight Platinum Credit Card
- 10% Cashback on Dining and Movies around the year
- 4 PVR tickets or Rs.750 cash back every 6 months
- Cashback of Rs.600 on both Dining & Entertainment
- Cash-back offers on transactions on Merchant Establishments
The Best Credit Cards to Use for Travel
If you are the person who is constantly on the go, due to work or self-pleasure, having a travel card might be a boon to you. From cashback on travel and hotel bookings to complimentary lounge access, the benefits of having a travel credit card are manifold. Here are our top picks for the best Travel card of 2018-
ICICI Jet Sapphiro Card
- 10,000 welcome bonus JPMiles and a complimentary Jet Airways air ticket on joining.
- 5,000 renewal bonus JPMiles and a complimentary Jet Airways air ticket every year.
- Up to 10 JPMiles/₹100 spent on the card
- Complimentary airport lounge access
- Complimentary golf rounds, movie tickets, discounts on dining and more!
American Express Platinum Travel Card
- Welcome gift of 5,000 milestone Bonus Membership Rewards Points
- Redeem Reward Points for Travel vouchers worth Rs.4,000
- Travel vouchers worth more than Rs.11,800 according to your spends
- Vouchers worth Rs.10,000 from the Taj Group
Citi PremierMiles Card
- 10,000 Miles with your first spend, 3,000 Miles on Card renewal and 10 Miles per Rs.100 spent on all airline transactions.
- 4 Miles for every Rs.100 spent on all other transactions.
- Redeem your miles for flights without blackout dates.
- Airport Lounges access and business facilities
SBI IRCTC Platinum Card
- Buy tickets through irctc.co.in and earn up to 10% Valueback as Reward points.
- 1 Reward point for every Rs. 125 spent on non-fuel retail purchases
- 1.8% transaction charges waived on railway ticket bookings on www.irctc.co.in
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps in India.
Amazing Cards to Help You with Online Spending
The world has moved quite swiftly in terms of technology. Today our life has gotten online almost entirely. We shop online for most of our needs. Hence, we have created this list of the best credit cards of 2018 in terms of online spending-
SBI SimplyClick Credit Card
- Amazon.in gift card worth Rs.500 on joining
- Earn up to 10X Reward Points on online spends
- E-voucher worth Rs.2,000 on annual online spends of Rs.1 Lakh
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction
Axis Buzz Credit Card
- Flipkart Gift Voucher worth Rs.1000
- 10% off from 1st to 5th of each month
- 5% off from 6th to 31st of each month
- 6 Axis eDGE Reward Points on every Rs.200 spent online
- Minimum 15% off on dining.
HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card
- 2 Reward Points (RP) on Rs 150 spent. 2 X Reward Points on online spends.
- Redeem Reward points as CashBack on your MoneyBack Credit Card
- 1% Fuel Surcharge waived off on fuel transactions
- Avail up to 50 days of an interest-free period from the date of purchase
The Best Credit Cards to Get You Rewards
If there is something that is more beneficial than a discount, it is definitely rewarding. You can collect these reward points and redeem them for a huge purchase or shop for free when you have enough points. You can also follow this 3 step guide to choose a credit card for yourself, Meanwhile, the best credit cards of 2018 to allow you to enjoy the benefits of rewards have been listed down here-
American Express Membership Rewards Card
- 1,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points
- 1 Membership Rewards Point for every1 Rs. 50 spent
- Up to 20% off every time you dine at select restaurant partners
- Rewards from the 18 and 24 Karat Gold Collection
SBI Card Prime
- Welcome e-gift Voucher worth Rs. 3,000
- 20 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on Utility Bills, Dining, Groceries and Movies
- Pizza Hut e-Voucher worth Rs. 1,000
- E-Gift Voucher worth Rs. 7,000 from Yatra.com/Pantaloons
- Complimentary Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership and 1,500 Bonus Points on your first st
Citi Bank Rewards Credit Card
- 10 Reward Points for every Rs 125 spent at apparel and department stores
- Reward Points at rate of 1 point for every Rs 125 on all other purchases
- 2,500 points on Card activation
- Redeem on holidays, air miles, cash back and premium merchandise instantly
Yes Prosperity Rewards Plus Credit Card
- Welcome Onboard with 1250 Reward Points
- Accelerated Rewards on Birthday, Dining, International & Online Spends
- 12,000 Bonus Reward Points each anniversary year
- 500 Reward Points on each YES PayNow registration
- Redemption of Reward Points against JPMiles
- Fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India
There you go, this was our list of the best credit cards of 2018. Hope this helps you in choosing the best card for yourself. Read our personal finance blog to know more about personal loans, credit cards and everything you need to know about personal finance.
Get your free credit score now, along with your free credit report. Sign up and get your monthly updated score.