Aadhaar card plays a very important role in a person’s identification today. It has all your vital information, and your biometric data. However, even Aadhaar cards are not full proof. Your name, date of birth, gender, any other details, could end up wrong on the card. In such a case, you might have to correct Aadhar details.
No need to worry. Getting your Aadhaar details corrected is an easy process.
As the time has moved ahead, virtually all things can be done online. However, when it comes to updating the Aadhaar, you can only update the address online. You can do so with the following easy steps:
1. Visit resident.uidai.gov.in.
2. Go to the Update Aadhaar Details” column, click on “Address Update Request (online)”.
3. When you are redirected to a new page, you can read the information provided and click on ‘Proceed”.
4. Now, log in with your Aadhaar number.
5. When you will this form, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. You must enter the OTP here to complete the log in process. The OTP verification is mandatory in order to avoid the chances of errors and manipulation.
6. On the next page, you can update the new address.
7. On the next screen, upload supporting documents.
8. Now select BPO service provider for reviewing the updated information and hit submit.
When you submit the form, a URN will be generated after you submit the form. Keep this URN in a safe place for future reference. You can also download a copy of updated verification for future reference.
You can correct Aadhaar details offline in a few easy steps:
1. Visit here and download the Aadhaar Corrections form.
Here you can get an overview of the form:
2. Fill in the details that need to be updated. Remember to read the guidelines before you do that.
3. Put together the supporting documents to update the details. Make sure that they match the documents as per the UIDAI requirements.
4. Send the completed form and the documents to UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034 India.
When your request is received, UIDAI will send you an acknowledgment over SMS.
In addition to the online and offline methods, you can also update your details by visiting the enrollment centers set up by UIDAI. By doing so, you can not only update the demographic information but also update the biometric information such as your fingerprint scan or iris scan. The plus side of doing this is that you do not have to go through extensive paperwork. You also do not have to wait for the details to be updated. Most of the work is done on the spot, including the verification of your documents.